Around a month ago, I started a blog with the expectation that no one would read it. I wanted to process my journey towards self-acceptance in writing because me and talking about feelings don’t go together too well. So it made my day when Anna at the wonderful, inspirational blog Rose With Thorns thought my blog worth nominating. I thought it would be fun to answer her questions and pay it forward by nominating some other excellent up-and-coming blogs. If I’ve linked to you, it’s totally optional and feel free to accept or decline.
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
My answers to the questions:
1. What is one thing that you learned that you thought was useless but turned out to be helpful? Algebra
2. If you were a color, what would you be? Why? Blue, because it is so serene and peaceful
3. If you could live one moment again, what would it be? That time in the fourth grade when my sister and cousins and I turned on the jukebox and started dancing right there in the middle of a restaurant. It was one of those moments of pure, unselfconscious joy.
4. If you could have a talk with one famous person who is still alive, who would it be? Ringo Starr, because he’d have some amazing stories to tell and he is hilarious in addition to being a nice guy.
5. How do you usually dress and why do you dress that way? Sometimes it’s just sweaters and jeans because they’re so comfortable, but I’ve been wearing more flowy feminine things lately because they look better on me.
6. What is one song, band/artist, movie, and TV show that you secretly love although it is embarrassing? There are so, so many. I love Journey, Full House, and every Adam Sandler movie ever made except Little Nicky, which I just pretend doesn’t exist.
7. What makes you really angry? Injustice, particularly when it causes others to suffer.
8. How do you manage intense feelings? With some calm self-talk and 90’s alt-rock.
9. If you could say one thing to yourself as a child, what would you say? You are not a freak, you are not bad, you are not unlikeable, you are just different and that’s ok. Also, dialling a boy’s phone number and hanging up a bunch of times and then riding past his house every day is probably not the best way to go.
10. What kind of flower makes you the happiest? Black-Eyed Susan, because there is a field full of them behind my grandparent’s house and I have such happy memories of playing there when I was a child.
My nominations (again, no pressure to participate, just thought I’d spread some linky love):
1. What song impacts you the most personally?
2. What was your favourite book growing up?
3. If you could go back to any time in history, which would it be?
4. What do you like about yourself the most?
5. What was the last book you read?
6. If your life were made into a movie, what would it be about and who would play you?
7. If you had an entire day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?
8. What is your favourite guilty pleasure?
9. What about yourself do you most want people to know?
10. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?